Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Knife That Guy: End of Week 2

Hey everybody. So today marks the end of week 2. Well, technically yesterday was the end but due to spending the past three days binging on the first two seasons of Avatar and trying to figure out what's up with DOTA 2, my schedule has gotten kind of shifty. So I haven't accomplished all of the goals that I had wanted to for this week. Although I have made most of the visual assets that I am going to need for the game, there is still a lot that needs to be implemented. This means that I will be saving releasing the early test build for the beginning of next week. I know getting early feedback would be helpful but I feel like all of the missing elements would be too distracting to really get anything valuable out of it right now.

That's enough negative stuff, so now it's time for some positive. I'm really happy with the sprites that I've made so far as I put a quantum of effort into them instead of scribbling them all out in a few hours. I also managed to get the camera to show an angled view of the game instead of the head-on flat view I had before. This was something that I wanted in the original student project version, but I could barely get my mind around working a 2D renderer so anything 3D would be double impossible. 

Here's a look at the changes to This Guy:

...and after!
   
Before...














And here's a shot of the current state of the game:

Look at that rectangular goodness.

So for this next week, I will have all of the sprites for the game made and have the additional animations that are needed (i.e. everything that isn't just walking). I will also try to get as many of the necessary sound effects as possible so that next week's test build will actually have some player feedback to go along with all of the knifing. This week's looking pretty good as I don't know how it could be less productive than the previous one.

No comments:

Post a Comment