Monday, November 5, 2012

Knife That Guy: End of Week 1


So it is now the end of the first week of development of Knife That Guy HD 3D Deluxe. I'm pretty happy with how it's going so far. I managed to meet my goals of having the design and rough gameplay prototype done and I've had time to dream up plenty of further complications and refinements that I will hopefully have the time to implement. Here's a little peek at the state of the game so far:

Right now, it's a bit more like "Knife That Primitive."

That's right, the game can both start and end.

So yeah, it's not the prettiest game on the block, but it's a start. I have the core gameplay of zooming around as This Guy, knifing That Guy, and avoiding everyone else as well as some placeholder UI elements and it's already feeling pretty fun. The goal for this next week is asset creation and integration. By the end of the week, it should look roughly like what the final product is going to be. There may even be a sound effect or two. 

The goal is to have the game far enough along by the end of this week that I can give a demo build to anyone interested in being a playtester. If you'd like the opportunity to provide me with feedback and stomp on my fragile ego in return for a place in the credits of a freeware game, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment