Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Knife That Guy: End of Week 3

So it's the end of the third week of Game A Month #1. I have to say, way more got done this week than the last. I finished watching the rest of Avatar and, for some reason, I made the unfortunate decision to watch the movie. Oh, and I got sprites for the game done and the functionality to pause and a how to play screen and some other stuff. But no amount of progress will cool my rage over the abomination that is The Last Airbender film.

The game looks more or less like it did last week, but without pictures this post would just be a bunch of words (and who honestly reads those?) so here's a look at the enemy sprites that I've made this week:

Here's Normal Guy. He'd rather not be knifed.
Here's Sad Guy. He wouldn't mind it.














So yeah, those will be the two enemy types for Knife That Guy. Normal Guy tries to avoid This Guy, and Sad Guy attempts to run into him. I had wanted to have a few more enemy types in the game, but last week's distractions ended up reducing the amount of time I had for making the sprites.

The goal for this last full week of development is to implement the visual effects and sounds that will really work to sell the game's mechanics as well as adding the other necessary game infrastructure stuff like an options menu, high score saving, and credits. I've also coerced a friend into contributing a couple of music tracks for the game, so I can fill the uncomfortable silence in the game without risking a copyright infringement lawsuit.

I've also put together an early build of the game to get some gameplay feedback. If you'd like to be a tester, just let me know and I'll hook you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment